After some time on the market, it’s now time for a new Daniel Defense Delta 5 model – the “Pro”. The Delta 5 Pro is aimed at competitors looking to get into precision long range rifle shooting. The Delta 5 Pro comes with a sub-half-MOA precision guarantee, and features the Area 419s ARCA rail. Daniel Defense claims that this bolt gun bridges the gap between basic platforms and more expensive custom builds, and I think they have a point.
The rifle comes in three calibers – 6CM, 6.5CM and .308 Win and is priced at $2499.00 (MSRP).
Introducing the Delta 5 Pro: If you are interested in long-range performance, look no further than the Delta5 Pro. This firearm is the ultimate package of performance, accuracy, and custom features that are rarely found on a production bolt gun. So, whether you’re a weekend shooter looking to improve your long-range capabilities for the thrill and fun, or a more seasoned competitor looking to improve your current rig; the Delta5 Pro is a firearm that will grow with your capabilities. Guaranteed to shoot sub half MOA and one of the first precision rifles to feature Area 419s ARCA rail, this is a serious competition-ready firearm without the serious competition price tag.
Here’s more from Daniel Defense’s description of the rifle:
GUARANTEED TO SHOOT 0.5 MOA OR BETTER. Talk is cheap—including talk about how accurate a rifle shoots—so we’re putting some real firepower behind our words. All Daniel Defense DELTA 5 PRO rifles are guaranteed to shoot 0.5 MOA or less at 100 yards when used with quality factory match-grade ammunition. Not “should”; not “might.” Guaranteed to. How can we make such a claim? Because we’ve done the work and the testing to back it up. It’s not just talk; it’s not bravado. It’s science backed up by data. Data that says, “If we can do it, so can you.” Guaranteed.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- INTERCHANGEABLE BARREL – Forged to contour from a proprietary steel blend with a Cerakote finish. Replace barrels or change calibers with ease thanks to its modularity and proprietary barrel nut.
- AREA 419 HELLFIRE MUZZLE BRAKE: Offers the ultimate in recoil reduction and muzzle rise
- ACTION: Mechanically bedded stainless steel action with integral recoil lug
- BOLT: Three-lug bolt with a 60-degree throw and floating bolt head
- BOLT KNOB: 5/16 – 24″ removable bolt knob
- TRIGGER: Adjustable single stage Timney Elite Hunter with two position safety
- PICATINNY SCOPE BASE: 20 MOA / 5.8 MRAD of elevation with four #10-32 bolts
- CHASSIS BASE: Allows for the mechanical bedding of the action with a metal-on-metal design that protects against change in weather conditions
- ATTACHMENT: M-LOK attachment at six positions along forend with one point on bottom of buttstock
- QUICK DETACH: Ten M-LOK QD sling points
- INTEGRAL ARCA LOCK (RRS Spec): Continuous along the entire lower portion of rail
- BRIDGE: Compatible with an extended pic rail and is compatible with nightvision and thermal optics
- SCALLOPED CUT: Allows for lower height over bore even with scopes with large objective lenses
- AR-15 GRIP ATTACHMENT: Interchangeable to accommodate the user’s preference of aftermarket grips
- ERGONOMIC THUMB REST: Left / Right adjustability to accommodate the user’s preference
- ADJUSTABLE BUTTSTOCK: Offers length of pull and butt pad height adjustments without the need for tools
- ADJUSTABLE CHEEK RISER: For preferred height, yah and drift
- CAPACITY: Ten round PMAG 10 7.62 AC – AICS Short Action magazine included
Here is a video about the new Delta 5 Pro:
What’s on your mind? What do you think of the new Daniel Defense Delta 5 Pro?