The USMC Scout Sniper Association raffle continues, but time is running out to get in on it. There are five (5) weeks remaining. Although the annual Gathering of Snipers (2020) was canceled, the raffle was not. That means you still have the opportunity to win an MK13 Mod 7 (the USMC variant of the SOCOM rifle) with all the accessories and accompanying prizes or a HogTooth knife. All pertinent firearm laws apply, of course.
MK13 Mod 7
In April 2018, the US Marine Corps announced it would field a USMC-specific version of SOCOM’s MK13 Mod 7 Sniper Rifle manufactured at NSWC Crane. While the M40A6 is being retained for use in training and as an alternate platform, the MK13 Mod 7 has operationally replaced the venerable M40 series rifles as the primary sniper rifle for the Corps. The M40 series saw service with the Corps in several variations starting in 1966. Scout Snipers are now carrying the MK13 Mod 7 in every clime and place, throughout the Global War on Terror and in other hot spots around the globe.
SSA Mk13 Prize Rifle
The rifle you could win in this giveaway was donated through the generosity of SSA Member Ryan Niederman and Friend of the SSA Jarret Guill. Components were carefully sourced to produce as authentic a clone of the military-issued firearm as is humanly possible, some manufactured on Marine Corps contract production runs. In addition, generous donations were made by the following industry partners to ensure an authentic build:
- Nightforce – Mil-Spec scope
- Geisselle Automatics – Mil-Spec trigger
- Surefire – Certificate for Mil-Spec suppressor
- LaRue Tactical – Mil-Spec QD scope mount
- MagPul Industries – Eight magazines
- Harris Engineering – Mil-Spec bipod
- VTAC – Mil-Spec sling
As the SSA explains,
“The lucky winner of this special, very complete rifle package will own a historic piece of the legacy built with the blood, sweat and tears of US Marine Corps Scout Snipers.”
Scout Sniper Association 2020 Prize Package (1st Prize)
This prize package has a retail value of over $12,000.00. FFL rules, transfer fees, and NFA tax stamp fees are the responsibility of the winner).
- RIFLE: Mil-Spec Stiller MK13 Bolt Action with RFID tag
- CHAMBER/CALIBER: .300 Winchester Magnum
- SCOPE: Mil-Spec Nightforce M571 ATACR 5-25 x 56 F1 with TReMoR3 Reticle and RFID tag
- SCOPE MOUNT: Mil-Spec LaRue Tactical LT840H-34-0 Quick-Detach SSDS Mount on an AI 20 MOA Picatinny Rail
- CHASSIS: Mil-Spec Accuracy International MK13 Mod 7 AICS with Folding Stock
- TRIGGER: Mil-Spec Geissele Automatics Super MK13 2-Stage Trigger, Non-adjustable, Set at 3.5 lbs
- BARREL: Mil-Spec Lilja 1:10 Twist, Stainless Steel, 25-inches
- FLASH HIDER: Mil-Spec Surefire 4-Prong FH762RC, 5/8-24 Thread
- SUPPRESSOR: Pre-Paid Certificate for Mil-Spec Surefire SOCOM762-RC DE Suppressor
- MAGAZINES: Eight Mil-Spec 5-Round MagPul PMAG 5 AC L Magnum and one factory AICS Magazine.
- BIPOD: Mil-Spec Harris Engineering BRMS Bipod
- SLING: Mil-Spec VTAC-Mk2-CT-UG Padded Nylon Sling
- CASE: Mil-Spec Pelican iM3300 Storm MK13 Mod 7 Deployment Case with Custom Cut Foam
- ACCESSORIES: Mil-Spec camo tool bag; Mil-Spec MK13 Mod 7 Multi-Tool; USMC-correct cleaning rods and brushes
- Built faithfully to NSWC Crane/USMC Military Specifications
USMC SSA 2020 Prize Package (2nd Prize)
The second prize in this raffle is a hand-crafted blade from HogTooth Knives. It was made by Matt Chase, a former Scout Sniper, to honor fellow snipers who paid the price for excellence. This is the first time one of these knives will be released to a raffle winner.
If you don’t wish to enter the raffle but do want to help out, or you would like to double down on your support for the Association, donate here.
USMC Scout Sniper Association
The United States Marine Corps Scout Sniper Association is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, tax-exempt, Veterans Organization under Section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code (Federal Tax ID: 33-0887131).
Website: www.scoutsniper.org, Facebook: www.facebook.com/usmcssa, Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/usmc_scout_sniper_association/