Today in our Photo Of The Day article we are looking at the Galil ACE, made by Israel Weapon Industries. This version is chambered in 5.56×45 mm.
From IWI USA’s description:
The modernized Galil ACE is based upon the reliable mechanism of the original Galil rifle first developed by IMI in the late 1960’s. Drawing inspiration from the legendary Russian AK-47 and the Finnish Valmet RK 62, the IWI Galil ACE has been continuously improved over the last 40 years, resulting in today’s extremely reliable and highly accurate Galil ACE.
Improvements made since the original Galil was first developed include:
- Charging handle (reciprocating) moved to the left side of the milled steel receiver allowing for weak hand operation
- Weight reduction with the use of modern polymers
- NATO STANAG magazine compatibility
- Full length 2-piece Picatinny top rail
- Picatinny tri-rail forearm with built in, slide on/off rail covers with pressure switch access
- Fully adjustable iron sights with Tritium front post
“Photography is the simplest thing in the world, but it is incredibly complicated to make it really work.” – Martin Parr
All pictures by Jeremy Tremp at Offensive Marketing Group, used with their kind permission.
Check the Extremely Limited Edition – Galil Ace in 5.45×39.