Often dubbed the “finest production revolver ever made,” the Colt Python built a cult following among wheel gun enthusiasts. In 2020, Colt relaunched its famous Python revolver with two-barrel length options—a 4.25-inch and a 6-inch. And after more than a twenty-year production hiatus, this announcement was music to shooters’ ears. However, collectors still longed for the 3-inch model. Well, the wait is over – a production 3-inch Python is back in 2022!
Pythons are double- and single-action guns with a spurred hammer. The silky-smooth trigger pull on a Colt Python is second to none and is part of why these premium revolvers have such outstanding accuracy. Adding to its performance, the new Python includes more steel in the frame, so feeding the Python a steady diet of hot magnum loads is no problem!
A match-grade adjustable rear sight (windage and elevation) and interchangeable red-ramp front sight allow zeroing the revolver with any load from full-house .357 magnums to .38 special target loads.
Colt Pythons are always fun to shoot, but a peppy load in the 3-inch model promises to bring an even bigger smile to everyone’s face. The compact 3-inch model’s classic looks and modern enhancements ensure a lifetime of shooting pleasure. So, whether it’s for personal defense, enjoyment at the range or filling a gap in a firearms collection, the Colt Python 3-in is worth a closer look.
Colt Python 3-Inch Features:
- Stainless Steel Frame
- Walnut Grips
- Adjustable Rear Sight (windage and elevation)
- Interchangeable Red-Ramp front sight
- Double and Single Action Trigger
- Powerful .357 Mag cartridge
- 6-round capacity
Colt Python 3-Inch Specifications:
- Caliber: 357 Mag
- Capacity: 6 round
- Barrel: 3-inch
- Overall Length: 8.5-inches
- Overall Height: 5.5-inches
- Overall Width: 1.55-inches
- Barrel Technical: 1:14 LH, 6 Groove
- Frame: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Semi-bright
- Grip: Walnut
- Sights: Rear, adjustable (windage and elevation); Front, red ramped
- Trigger Action: Double Action/Single Action
- Trigger Pull Double Action: 7.0 – 9.5 pounds max
- Weight: 40 oz.
- MSRP: $1,499